Sunday, October 07, 2007

Oh-gno!

gnot again you think?

It's been a long break since my last post. Partly because my parents, in the interim, gifted me lots of new furniture that (now) fits perfectly in my house. But mostly because nothing really inspired me enough to write....until today.

I was going through some old e-mails and discovered one from Aditi Halbe in response to my earlier post about gnus. (You can also see her picture there...She's the pretty girl holding the papaya). As a birthday present from far far away she sent me The Gnu Song...one of the nicest gifts I've received :)

Given the response gnu got last time, I thought another post in its honour would be fitting, although I am aware of how sequels are born to fail. But it can't be helped. Look at it. It is warm and fuzzy...and with an ox-head, horse-body, goat-beard all rolled into one animal, it has the gift of looking ridiculously endearing. Ecologically, it's role is to eat grass, dance around to help grow more grass, mate once a year after the rains and hang around till eventually a big cat gets hungry. Cherry on top....it's warning call, apparently, resembles a Harley Davidson and...i'm told...at some point in history it's tail made a good fly swatter. I'm quite sure a TV series called 'My little gnuny' would have had higher TRPs than those silly pink ponies.

Here's to The Gnu.



Or hear the mp3 version here

12 Comments:

Blogger Veer said...

We waited months to gno gnmore about the gnu. I'm beginning to get completely fascinated by this animal. The little video clip certainly helps get a fresh perspective on the gnu. With such grandeur and royalty packaged into that beard, I'm wondering why the gnu didn't become man's best friend. I don't have anything against dogs, but a gnu just seems so much more endearing.

Waiting to gno more.

9:27 pm  
Blogger Prof. M P Ranjan said...

I gno gnot where we will gno from here?

6:22 am  
Blogger Pari Purohit said...

Apart from WHY, many thoughts rush through my head. Mostly unrelated. Just FYI.

12:32 pm  
Blogger Madhura said...

hey! totally love your blog- happened to pass by but stopped, sat back and read and read till i had to run to pee...thanky for a nice time- shall continnue to stop by...

11:00 pm  
Blogger Gurpreet said...

this is so sad. two posts and 11+4=15 comments on gnu and no mention of the GNUrpreet. Thats so bad.

9:07 am  
Blogger Gurpreet said...

2 Posts and 11+4 = 15 comments about gnu and no mention of the GNUrpreet. very sad.

9:08 am  
Blogger apucalypse now said...

Gnurpreet! :) How can you feel left out? You were comment number 3 in post number 1!! Take a bow...

9:21 am  
Anonymous Emmly said...

Good words.

4:37 pm  
Blogger neha said...

like the gnu !!!

3:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted

2:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you may want to get a twitter icon to your blog. Just marked down this url, however I had to do this manually. Just my suggestion.

10:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly happy to discover this. cool job!

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home