Tuesday, May 08, 2007

T-shirtisms




I can proclaim upfront:
"I am not one for t-shirts with messages".

My t-shirt does not stand for me and I do not endorse greater ideals through my t-shirt. Mostly because I haven't yet come across a t-shirt message that quite says it right.

Although, I do own and frequently don a bright pink t-shirt that says "take it easy". It'll take a lot of monetary incentive to have my t-shirt say 'naughty girl' or 'love machine' or some such. Yes, I am a prude. A convenient one. The 'take it easy' is ignored only because it wins the world's-most-comfortable-t-shirt-in-a-nice-colour award.

Here are a few t-shirtisms that I wouldn't mind changing my ideals for, in order of importance:

1. "I only eat idlis"
Because currently it stands 'largely true'. Plus idli is an important food group for any self-respecting South-Indian.

2. "If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song" –- Jack Handey
Because it's a wonderfully articulated thought which I'll never be able to memorise, making the t-shirt a good point of reference.

3. "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax" --Albert Einstein
Because it has very genuine emotions and projects that my views are similar to that of Einstein.

4. "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"
Because it's so goddamn irritating that anyone would think this way.

5."Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" -– Mark Twain
Because I don't believe he could have actually said that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zubin said...

Hilarious! :-D

Love the Mark Twain one.

8:11 pm  
Blogger Cheery Cynic said...

As a physicist my favorite one is-
My problem is *complicated equation* - now whats YOUR problem!

Another good one is - @ Mozart's grave they are playing his music in reverse - he is decomposing :D

10:34 pm  
Blogger Pari Purohit said...

Tickled my tummy till I cried...No Giggle came. But then I read the piggys sermons and laughter came like a hurricane. Basically I destroyed my house and belongings, and now I have nowhere to go and no money..Can I come stay with you?

1:39 am  
Blogger Veer said...

Oh, I believe Mark uncle said it. Coz he said a lot of smart things. In his autobiography, for example, he said, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

And in The Innocents Abroad he's paraphrased so many people around us: "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week, sometimes, to make it up."

By the way, did you know that his obituary was published in the New York Journal while he was still alive? His modest reaction was, "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

I love idlis too. But I'd rather have a T-shirt that announces my Fish-Curry-Rice status. Or Prawn-Curry-Rice.

4:49 am  
Blogger Prof. M P Ranjan said...

Heh, Heh.... I have just added your blog link to my blog.

Ranjan

6:46 am  
Blogger sachin said...

6. I write a blog and its bloody not all that bad..!

11:38 am  
Blogger Aditya said...

interesting blog, i can say the only light hearted blog i've ever enjoyed :)

11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home