Thursday, October 12, 2006

I feel funny....

I recently stumbled upon something called 'The 3 Variable Funny Test'. Originally I was drawn to this site through a complex, academic-looking diagram which explains what kind of funny you are...in 3D space. Even I wanted to see my 'place in Humour 3-Space'...I am uncontrollably drawn to things like this, so I took the test. It is probably the most introspective I have been this whole year. Some of the questions just stumped me. Some others were so surreal that I stared at the screen for really long thinking "who am I?". I must admit, the test was eye-opening and altogether, very entertaining. 23 gruelling questions down (ok i am exaggerating, only the ones with pictures are gruelling) I am told that I am The Prankster. 42% dark, 38% spontaneous, 31% vulgar. Which, in turn, would characterise my humour style as being "CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT".
Much like surgical cotton.

My detailed diagnosis states: "Your humor has an intellectual, even conceptual slant to it. You're not pretentious, but you're not into what some would call 'low humor' either. You'll laugh at a good dirty joke, but you definitely prefer something clever to something moist. (So true. And so well put...I love it) You probably like well-thought-out pranks and/or spoofs and it's highly likely you've tried one of these things yourself. In a lot of ways, yours is the most entertaining type of humor because it's smart without being mean-spirited."

Ok. All true. Dark and spontaneous is all good...but I am 31% Vulgar?? The precision is mind-boggling. Oh...and apparently I am like Conan O' Brian and Ashton Kutcher. If I ever meet them, I'll tell them. Till then what I'll do with this information, I don't know.

I love the way most of these test reports indulge in flattery...I've rarely come across one which tells me I'm a Jackass. But in any case...it's true...to the T. Mine is the most entertaining type of humour. I'm the best. Yay. You can try your shot at it here. That's the reason anyone takes tests like these in any case. To hear from someone else exactly how good they are. But then this site hosts other tests such as "The Do YOU Remember The 90's Test". Incidentally...isn't everyone trying really hard to forget the 90's?...that is, ofcourse, after they manage to forget the 80's! Plus there is something called the "The Genghis Khan Genetic Fitness Masterpiece". My bus stopped at the 3 variable funny test, so your guess is as good as mine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mohinish said...

Me too is the Prankster
(38% dark, 30% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)

3:22 am  
Blogger apucalypse now said...

which makes me darker, spontaneous-er and vulgar-er than you :D I don't even know if that would be a good thing...but I gloat none the less.

4:37 am  
Blogger amruta said...

you are impossibly readable. we will continue to skulk about your writing to admire!

4:28 am  
Blogger Mohinish said...

The only thing I worry about is being less vulgar...

6:45 am  
Blogger apucalypse now said...

*beaming* Thanks Amruta :) If only you could get someone to pay me (lots) to do this...i'd happily give up all ambition, build my dream house in Bambolim and thank you even more...

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home